[Libreoffice] UNO related crashes on NetBSD

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sun Sep 4 01:42:12 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 04:06:39PM +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 09:05 +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> >
> > The latest -master version crashes reliably on NetBSD (i386 and amd64).
>
> We're sure that its the LibO side that changed right, i.e. some earlier
> version of LibO with same compiler is ok.

I'm not sure of anything yet. The compiler has changed from gcc 4.1 to 4.5.3

> Seeing as it affects both x86 and x86_64 that would *seem* to rule out a
> bug in a specific uno bridge seeing as there's separate bridges.

The situation has only changed for x86_64, i386 was already broken in July.

> Seeing as the test didn't actually say anything about what's wrong, its
> possibly not something specific that this test "tests", but something
> more fundamental which is expects to work.
>
> Can you build i18npool from scratch ? IIRC there's a saxparser binary
> there which does far less than the uno test does, but needs certain
> similar initial working magic smoke to run correctly.

I'm giving it a try; I will also certainly add some modifications to the
NetBSD gbuild configuration.

> Attached is a patch to get the debugger into the testtools tests. With
> symbols enabled, do "build" in testtools, gdb should wait for you to
> type run, bt, the usual drill.

Thanks Caolán, I'll be sure to run this.

--
Francois Tigeot