[Libreoffice] Mailing list content filter (was: Re: (no subject))

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Sun Sep 4 06:26:29 PDT 2011

Eike Rathke wrote:
> > Yep, just adapted the setup accordingly. Note that the surrounding
> > messages will still be delivered (that might annoy people who've
> > previously had downstream filters for exactly those attachments).
>
> As me..

Heh, you asked for it... ;)

> Do we need really .zip? Btw, that seems to be a negative list,
> disallowing specified extensions, there are umpteen extensions Windows
> regards as executable.. wouldn't it be better to have a positive list
> instead?

Mailman 2.1.11 does not permit that. If you have more extensions,
please list them - otherwise, we can extend the list with each new
incident. Wrt. zip, as I said, no strong opinion - maybe others,
especially folks working on Windows, want to chime in?

Cheers,

-- Thorsten