[Libreoffice] building release tarballs

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 15:09:04 PDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Neil Leathers <neil.r.leathers at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to find instruction for how to build the released stable source. I have downloaded the files located at http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/src/3.4.3 and am trying to find further instructions. Where is the process to build from released source instead of from development source control documented?

it is not well documented AFAIK. you would need to download the 19 or
so tar.gz 9one for each git repos we had in the 3.4 series. untar
bootstrap, create a directory named 'clone' in bootstrap (if not
already there) and then untar the other repos in clone/
then you need to run ./bin/create_boostrap_links

after that it should work the same than the normal instructions...

Another possibility is to use git and checkout the tag associated with
the release

so:

git clone git://anongit.freedeskop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap libo
cd libo
./autogensh (with the options you want...)

review carefully any warnings of 'configure'. in doubt ask. it is much
easier to fix these problem at this stage than to reverse-engineer the
root cause when the consequences become visible after 2 hours of
make... :-)

make fetch
(that will downalod the other git repos and external libraries tarball)
then
./g checkout -b my-own-personal-libreoffice-3.4.3 origin/libreoffice-3.4.3.2

Note: the 'final' 3.4.3 is 3.4.3.2 - that is because 3.4.3 went
through to rc release.
Note: you can chose what-ever you want for the local name of your
branch  (i.e the 'my-own-personal-3.4.3') :-)  just avoid 'master'.

then autogen.sh again (you don't need to pass argument at all this
time, the previous set will be automatically used if you do not pass
any argument to autogen.sh)

then make

Norbert