[Libreoffice] gnumake / dependencies 20%+ speedup ...

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Sep 5 03:36:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 21:22 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Or are they there in fact there for some good purpose that I just
> failed to spot ? :-)

Yes, I added all these deliberately. See
http://www.makelinux.net/make3/make3-CHP-8-SECT-3 for the rationale.

The outcome is that on incremental builds when someone removes a header
and nothing includes it anymore, the build doesn't break with some
bizarro error but "does the right thing". For me the build-time
difference is negligible but I guess its significant for others.

C.