[Libreoffice] gbuild of external libraries and question about apparently special case like zlib, jpeg etc.

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Sep 5 04:00:27 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 05:44 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> It may be easier to have --prefix=$(SOLARVER)/external  (and then
> things in external/lib external/include)
> but then again why bother with 'external'. surely we don't want to
> pick and choose between system header and our local one for the same
> library.
> if we have the local one we use it all he time right ?

Yeah, I can't think of a reason why we would want to mix and match. That
definitely wasn't the goal anyway.

I have a vague memory of --prefix=$(SOLARVER)/external being a "good
thing" for some concrete reason. If I'm right, then it'll be quickly
apparent that its a good thing to do :-). So I wouldn't worry about it.
If its a "good thing to do" it'll lend itself as the fix automatically
as you build through them.

C.