[Libreoffice] Autogen.sh demands "Mozilla build tooling" although building Mozilla is disabled

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Sep 5 14:48:24 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm try to find out, what parameter to autogen.sh are really needed for
a build with Cygwin and Visual Studio Express. So I start with a pure
./autogen.sh

Now a real stop with error message:
checking which Mozilla to use... internal
checking for toolkit Mozilla should use... checking whether to build
Mozilla/SeaMonkey... yes
checking whether to build provided NSS module... yes
checking for Mozilla build tooling... configure: error: Mozilla build
tooling not found.
Use the --with-mozilla-build option after installing the tools obtained
from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/libraries/win32
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 157.

The advise to provide "Mozilla build tooling" seems not right in case of
Windows. Fridrich Strba told on Hackfest, that building Mozilla with
Cygwin and MSVC Express 2008 is still not possible.

I then follow
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies and
load the zips from http://tools.openoffice.org/moz_prebuild/OOo3.2
(shouldn't the binaries copied to another place. OpenOffice.org services
can vanish at any time.) Then I use the parameter --disable-build-mozilla.

Now I get:
configure:18956: checking which Mozilla to use
configure:19575: result: internal
configure:19592: checking for toolkit Mozilla should use
configure:19627: checking whether to build Mozilla/SeaMonkey
configure:19635: result: no
configure:19639: checking whether to build provided NSS module
configure:19644: result: yes
configure:19647: checking for Mozilla build tooling
configure:19650: error: Mozilla build tooling not found.
Use the --with-mozilla-build option after installing the tools obtained
from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/libraries/win32

There is still the demand to deliver the "Mozilla build tooling".

I know, that I can use --disable-nss-module to get it working. But is
that right or is there an error in the configure scripts, that the
"Mozilla build tooling" is not necessary but the script demands it? If
--disable-nss-module is indeed necessary if you use
--disable-build-mozilla, then it should be disabled in that case and a
message about that should be shown.

Kind regards
Regina