[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] Patch for MarkManager

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Sep 6 10:22:42 PDT 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 17:36:18 +0200
Christoph Lutz <chrlutz at googlemail.com> wrote:

> today I managed to improve the patch again. The patch now speeds up
> our mailmerge-Szenario enormously and seems to eliminate the
> exponential waste of cpu-cycles. Would you please have a look at it?
>
> here some measurings:
>
> MailMerge-Time (in ms) without patch for 10, 50, 100, 150 datasets:
> 2793, 11821, 28608, 64395
> MailMerge-Time (in ms) with first patch for 10, 50, 100, 150 datasets:
> 2561, 11044, 26226, 55812
> MailMerge-Time (in ms) with this patch for 10, 50, 100, 150 datasets:
> 1838, 7357, 14413, 21558

Wow, great win! Pushed as:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=e024f616934bb78fba8c8101264806d507068d7e
with some minor tuning:
- formatting (whitespace mostly)
- constness

Could you maybe try, if a pragmatic:
 m_aMarkBasenameMapUniqueOffset.clear();
at:
  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sw/source/core/doc/docbm.cxx?id=e024f616934bb78fba8c8101264806d507068d7e#n491
and
  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sw/source/core/doc/docbm.cxx?id=e024f616934bb78fba8c8101264806d507068d7e#n743
kills the performance gain?

If not, that would prevent the behavior change in for example the
scenario:
- Create Mark
- Copy Mark
- Copy Mark