[Libreoffice] fix for fdo#33960 "cross reference to a list number, dot bug" makes sw/qa/complex/writer fail

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Sep 6 11:53:51 PDT 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 15:27:07 -0300
Neil Leathers <neil.r.leathers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The approach is too simple. The first problem is that the level
> separator is not necessarily a "." (and is configurable at each level
> in other word processors).
Its allowed for the test to assume an default config -- as it always
tests a default config.

> Also, while it is understandable in the  case described it is not
> necessarily the desired always especially for lists with multiple
> levels. When in the configuration options of a list there should be a
> toggle for whether to remove the final list level separation suffix
> in references. I don't see removing internal separators (or level
> prefix) and I can see that sometime a user might not want the
> trailing suffix removed.

Thats besides the point I think. Stephans question was: "The behaviour
of the numbering changed. Was that intended or is it an unintended
change?"

The best candidate to answer that question of cause is the author of
the change that caused the different behavior (cc'ing author and
commiter).

Best,

Bjoern

--