[Libreoffice] config.parms vs autogen.lastrun

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:17:17 PDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Peter Foley <pefoley2 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Both autogen.lastrun and config.parms seem to have the same purpose, to
> store the ./configure command line.

Not quite. autogen.last run save the command line given to
autgogen.sh. that is _before_ substitution of things like
-with-config=<foo> for instance.

furthermore the content of config.parms has changed over time... at
one point not that long ago it was not containing anything remotely
close to autogen.lastrun
for instance on my Mac, which has autoconf 2.61

$ >cat config.parms
/usr/local/share/config.site /usr/local/etc/config.site

> We should only need one, but I'm not
> sure which one would be better to get rid of. Suggestions?

you cannot get rid of config.parms, since that would require patching autoconf
you cannot get rid of autogen.lastrun, because it contain what we
really need in all cases...

Norbert