[Libreoffice] map files: how to update? [was: cppu::OPropertySetHelper ABI backwards compatibility]

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 05:50:57 PDT 2011

On 09/07/2011 12:14 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 09:57:30AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> On Sep 2, 2011, at 5:13 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>
>>> I assume the vtable "obviously" has to be exported.
>
>> No, need not be exported (if none of the ctors and dtors are inline).
>
> Ah, I had not declared the copy constructor and assignment operator
> well, which led to the vtable being necessary to export. That is fixed
> now.

good

>>> Revised patch attached; if it is good to go (especially with respect
>>> to questions above), I'll commit (with a better commit message).
>
>> gcc3.map in the latest patch (sent this morning):
>
>> - Do not export the thunks (_ZThn), not needed externally.
>
> Well, the build fails if they are not exported. So for now, I export
> them. If the fact that they are needed comes from an error in the
> class design, please let me know what to do to fix that.

Hm, had *thought* they were not really needed, and had run a small test
case to verify, but it seems there are nevertheless cases where they
*are* needed.  If you have no inline functions left (neither implicit
nor explicit ones, incl. default functions provided by the compiler),
then poor class design cannot be the reason. -- Just export them, I
would say.

-Stephan