[Libreoffice] A few questions for developers

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 04:04:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 01:24 +0400, Dmitry. A. Ashkadov wrote:
> I found that some functions/methods is never used.  This functions are
> listed in «unusedcode.easy» file. Is this file generated automatically
> or I should modify it in case of removing unused functions?

Both. So if you remove a method from the code, remove it from the
unusedcode.easy as well so that noone else wastes time trying to find
and remove it inbetween the runs I do to update it.

> How can I generate a patch (diff) which may be used to push changes to
> official repository? Should I make a commit to a local repository
> before generating a patch?And what I should do in case of modification
> of binary data (changed/added images)?

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Patch_Handling_Guideline#Generate_patch_via_git_format-patch should help, that format should handle binary changes.

C.

p.s. I haven't a clue about the MaskColor stuff.