[Libreoffice] additional symbols or alternatively stencils in Draw templates

KAMI911 KAMI911 kami911 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 02:21:25 PDT 2011

Hello Folks,

Of course I am interested to and new, useful gallery elements to the
suite and create a new extension.

You can create the gallery as usual way. I prefer vector based
elements over pictures. In your case it has several advantage.

In this case AVOID_BURN_IN_FOR_GALLERY_THEME enviroment variable may
be useful for you. You should create gallery after this enviromental
variable is exported/set.

I can help to create oxt extension file.

Adding gallery to LibreOffice in integrated way is harder, but if we
decide to do this I can also help here -- I added several gallery to
LO that is not enabled by default.

Moreover I have/created several gallery in various theme, for example
I created and remastered plenty of electronical parts.

What is BPMN?

Users can add their draws to gallery just use the ctrl key before the
drag and drop operation. Or use Caolán's smart gallery extension.

For examination you might download and unzip one of my extension:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/oxygenoffice-gallery

I am open to enrich this gallery and add more (vector) elements from
this gallery to the main LO builds.

Creating 3D gallery with Draw also an interesting opportunity... I
started that a year ago.

Back to the environment variables:

Using GALLERY_ENABLE_ID_DIALOG, GALLERY_SHOW_PRIVATE_TITLE   are
useful for localization. I will help here.

Maybe GALLERY_SHOW_HIDDEN_THEMES is the key to crate individual
toolbar for newly created elements. This requres more things to do...

So that is all for first. I hope it helped.

If you want to check my gallery files, here are the repository:
http://ooop.svn.sf.net/viewvc/ooop/trunk/extras/source/gallery/

Here is a small sample code to create extension:
http://ooop.svn.sf.net/viewvc/ooop/trunk/utils/gallery/

Use the create_gallery.sh file
It is not designed to use other galleries, but changing variables is
enogh to create your own gallery.

If you have a question, do not hesitate to ask.

KAMI