[Libreoffice] Bug in XclImpOutlineBuffer::MakeScOutline ?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 02:25:45 PDT 2011

On 09/15/2011 12:42 AM, julien2412 wrote:
> I'm trying to open a quite big xls file (sorry, I'm allowed to publish it).
> Here are the 4 types of error in logs :
[...]
> Error: UniString::SearchAndReplaceAllAscii() - pAsciiStr include characters
>> 127 From File
> /home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/tools/source/string/strascii.cxx at
> Line 628
> After some research to confirm first thought, some characters in the file
> have an ascii code>  127 and LO doesn't like. Ok why not.
>
> Error: UniString::SearchAscii() - pAsciiStr include characters>  127 From
> File
> /home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/tools/source/string/strascii.cxx at
> Line 566
> not same line in the file but same error as above

But even if those complaints are about characters that actually
originated in the xls file (instead of characters coming statically from
the source code itself, a la some
RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM("non-ASCII-here") mistake), it is a mistake
that the code thinks it should treat them as ASCII.

-Stephan