[Libreoffice] VS 2008 Express hints (was: Fw: Re: Fix me: Abnormalities during bootstrap)

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri Sep 16 01:01:40 PDT 2011

For reference - looks useful for us, too.

----- Forwarded message from Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Bauer at gmx.net> -----

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:01:23 +0200
From: Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Bauer at gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Fix me: Abnormalities during bootstrap

[...]

I have found out that we could get rid of the atl problem. When I was
working on another project that forced me to build Chromium, I found in
their build instructions that the MS Windows Driver Development Kit
contains the necessary atl headers and libs. The WDK can be downloaded
freely, so I assume that it's OK to use them and allow us to build with
VS Express *and* atl.

If someone wants to try it out, here are the instructions for Chromium:

http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/build-instructions-windows

See the "4. If you use Visual Studio 2008 Express:" part.

Regards,
Mathias

----- End forwarded message -----

Cheers,