[Libreoffice] Windows builds with Visual Studio Express

Mathias Bauer nospamformba at gmx.de
Fri Sep 16 15:01:33 PDT 2011

Moin,

in case somebody wants to try it out:

As you might know, building with VS Express requires disabling usage of
ATL headers as they are missing in the Express version.

When I was working on another project that forced me to build Chromium,
I found in their build instructions that the MS Windows Driver
Development Kit contains the necessary atl headers and libs. The WDK can
be downloaded freely, so I assume that it's OK to use them build with VS
Express *and* atl (if it works as it sounds).

If someone wants to try it out, here are the instructions for Chromium:

http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/build-instructions-windows

See the "4. If you use Visual Studio 2008 Express:" part.

Regards,
Mathias