[Libreoffice] virus in git repository?

Brian Wilson bountonw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:24:29 PDT 2011

Hi.

I have cloned the git repository for libreoffice to my son's Debian
computer as well as my mac. The internet is flaky and after several
attempts to get the source on my windows computer, I decided to copy
the entire git repository folder from my sons computer. The problem is
that when I tried to copy to the windows computer, avast antivirus
software won't let me copy as it claims that
/svtools/qa/cppunit/data/wmf/pass/CVE-2006-4070-1.wmf is a virus.
After several failed attempts I turned off the antivirus software (and
unplugged my 3G dongle) and copied it anyway.

I am reporting it here in case it is of importance.

Anyway, the git pull failed with the error message: error: Entry
'basic/source/app/basic.hrc' not uptodate. Cannot merge.

Is this common?

I have been trying to download xcode for the last 4 days at the
office, but it is just too big. So I am hoping to be able to build
this somehow, probably on the debian first. (I have all of the build
dependencies taken care of.)

Brian Wilson