[Libreoffice] Base Development

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Sep 23 02:04:18 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 16:11 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> "There is almost no-one working on Base so it's gradually getting worse
> as regressions slip in"

	By far the best thing to do (as a user) is to get stuck into the base
code and help out with it.

> I'd very much appreciate it if I (we) could get a status on Base
> development/patches/bug fixes/developers etc., in order to counter/stop
> such posts... or confirm.

	The best way to counter / stop such posts is to do the work to start
reading the code, and digging into whatever bug most concerns you - ask
questions about the code here, and we can help out. If you use databases
anyway you're prolly a more technical user, and the jump to being able
to report very good bugs of the form: "when I change this line to ABC
the bug goes - do you think that is a fix ?" rises.

	Since the beginning of September we've had 19 commits (to dbaccess &
connectivity) that I see in master - but hey - you should look at the
public cgit logs and do the analysis yourself to avoid wasting developer
time.

	HTH,

		Michael.