[Libreoffice] Compilation error in svx undefined reference to `XPropertyList::operator delete(void*)'

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sun Sep 25 01:40:21 PDT 2011

Hello,

I made a "make clean && make" yesterday and here what I've got :
ource/dialog/sendreportunx.o     -Wl,--start-group  -Wl,--end-group
-lbasegfxlo -lsblo -lcomphelpgcc3 -luno_cppuhelpergcc3 -luno_cppu
-ldrawinglayerlo -leditenglo -li18nisolang1gcc3 -luno_sal -lsfxlo -lsotlo
-lsvllo -lsvtlo -lsvxcorelo -ltklo -ltllo -lucbhelper4gcc3 -lutllo -lvcllo
-lxolo -lxcrlo -licuuc -o $W/LinkTarget/Library/libsvxlo.so
/home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/workdir/unxlngi6/CxxObject/svx/source/tbxctrls/fillctrl.o:
In function `~XBitmapList':
/home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/svx/inc/svx/xtable.hxx:469:
undefined reference to `XPropertyList::operator delete(void*)'
/home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/svx/inc/svx/xtable.hxx:469:
undefined reference to `XPropertyList::operator delete(void*)'
/usr/bin/ld:
/home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/workdir/unxlngi6/LinkTarget/Library/libsvxlo.so:
hidden symbol `XPropertyList::operator delete(void*)' isn't defined
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: ***
[/home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/workdir/unxlngi6/LinkTarget/Library/libsvxlo.so]
Erreur 1

I made a make clean in svx but nothing better.

Here are the lines :
   463 class SVX_DLLPUBLIC XBitmapList : public XPropertyList
    464 {
    465 public:
    466     explicit        XBitmapList( const String& rPath,
    467                                  XOutdevItemPool* pXInPool = NULL )
    468                         : XPropertyList( XBITMAP_LIST, "sob", rPath,
pXInPool ) {}
    469     virtual         ~XBitmapList() {}

svx/inc/svx/xtable.hxx defines a delete operator :
 222     SAL_DLLPRIVATE void operator delete(void *);

svx/source/xoutdev/xtable.cxx
328 void XPropertyList::operator delete(void *pPtr)
329 {
330     return rtl_freeMemory( pPtr );
331 }

I don't know if a mk file must be changed or if delete operator must be
implemented. If it's the case, XBitmapList is not the only one, there are
too for the classes :
- XColorList
- XLineEndList
- XDashList
- XHatchList
- XGradientList

In the same time, if there really was something broken with this, all the
tinderboxes should be red.
Moreover, there's no complain about the new operator which is defined too.
So what's the trick here ?

Julien.
(hope I don't have to do again a "make clean && make")