[Libreoffice] subsequenttest hang ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Sep 26 11:24:45 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 17:33 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> A timed wait is no solution here.  (Timeouts in this kind of code pose
> at least two problems.  For one, they prevent a human from coming back
> to a hung "make check" after a while, only to find out they no longer
> get a clue where it hang, as the build has unhelpfully been forced to
> move forward.

	That is of course possible; however in this case the build would simply
fail with an assertion at this exact point. In general, that is probably
better than hanging indefinitely, which can wedge tinderboxes, and give
the impression the build is continuing when it has hung.

> The real solution, instead, is to not only wait on the Result object,
> but also on the OfficeConnection. Fixed  as

	Looks like an improvement to me, thanks for that. I wonder why we only
see this now, surely smoketests have died in mid-flow before ?

	Regards,

		Michael.