[Libreoffice] --enable-werror

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Sep 27 01:33:59 PDT 2011

Hi Marc,

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 10:06 +0530, Marc-André Laverdière wrote:
> That experience lead me to believe that the policy
> should be "make it easy for the n00b".

	Quite; easy, and friendly too :-)

> When I tried using this flag, I ended up not being able to _build_ at
> all. And that wasn't even due to my own mistake, only some  module I
> know nothing at all is breaking the build.

	Sure sure, so - I think Stephan has a point - that we ought to find
some way of enabling this for some set of people that can cope with it.
I suspect a good heuristic would be to have an 'auto' mode for the flag
that checks if you have git push access and if so enables -Werror, so
that old-hands get it automatically, and newbies don't suffer.

> My point is that building for a n00b should be very simple.

	Quite - it is difficult enough as it is; fret not - personally I'm not
in favour of -Werror for all - only of the TSC deciding what to do
here :-) We'll discuss it at our next meeting.

	ATB,

		Michael.