[Libreoffice] cppunittester hang when LC_ALL/LANG set

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 01:15:17 PDT 2011

On 09/27/2011 08:20 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 12:47 AM, Miklos Vajna wrote:
>> I just updated my master build on my notebook after about two weeks and
>> the build hanged in sal when I did *not* unset LANG/LC_ALL. First I
>> bisected it:
> [...]
>> Does this ring any bell? I tried to revert the commit, but it's a large
>> one, and I could not easily resolve conflicts in
>> sal/textenc/textenc.cxx.
>>
>> So in short:
>>
>> $ echo $LANG $LC_ALL
>> hu_HU hu_HU
>>
>> ^ This hangs, but after an 'unset LANG LC_ALL' the build continues fine.
>
> Yes, I can reproduce this here -- will provide a fix. Sorry for the
> trouble.

<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=193715bbf0e59256fd8da7ebd8dc5eb937615281>
"FullTextEncodingDataSingleton must not call itself recursively." should
fix this.

(For Windows, the fix is still only a "TODO: FIXME" dummy.  I will
address that once I have a working Windows build environment to do the
development in.)

-Stephan