[Libreoffice] True Trojans or false positives ?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Sep 27 04:14:37 PDT 2011

Hi there,

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 03:45 -0700, dionysien wrote:
> For the first time I just downloaded a part of LibO source,
> libreoffice-writer-3.4.3.2.tar.bz2,

	Heh :-)

> From the .bz2 file I extracted the .tar one, and from the latter I extracted
> the directories and files.

	Right.

> Immediately 'Autoprotect' (from Symantec, on win XP) claimed to detect and
> move to quarantine a series of Trojans (7) plus 'Bloodhound.Exploit.108'
> plus 'Bloodhound.Exploit.359', all allegedly from directory

	So - it is entirely likely that we're distributing these rather
problematic files, since we use them to test that no regressions got
re-included.

> Any hints ?

	Sure - don't load any files in an old / other office suite from the
CVE/ directory ;-)

	Then again - if there are more details on exactly which precise files
are problematic, perhaps we can analyse & dig out anything that would be
more dangerous and remove it.

	More details much appreciated,

	All the best,

		Michael.