[Libreoffice] --enable-werror

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 01:42:22 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 00:46 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 27.09.2011 10:33, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	Sure sure, so - I think Stephan has a point - that we ought to find
> > some way of enabling this for some set of people that can cope with it.
> > I suspect a good heuristic would be to have an 'auto' mode for the flag
> > that checks if you have git push access and if so enables -Werror, so
> > that old-hands get it automatically, and newbies don't suffer.
>
> perhaps it can be enabled automatically for "known good" GCC versions

A given gcc 4.X.Y in a distro may have additional patches applied to it,
e.g. visibility support backports or so on, which makes making a
decision based on the simple version number problematic.

I think we're overthinking it really. tinderboxes can (and do, e.g. the
macosx one already does) use --enable-werror.

Devs can manually configure with --enable-werror if it works for their
compiler, which it probably does.

C.