[Libreoffice] Android cross-building state

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Sep 28 11:53:45 PDT 2011

> I don't think we use SYSBASE anywhere anymore

Huh, we use in a lot of places.
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/search?q=&project=core&defs=&refs=SYSBASE&path=&hist=

> I don't think it is a good idea -- and it is inconsistent with what we
> do now -- to overwrite CC/CXX if it has been defined by the user

I agree. My opinion is that setting CC and CXX correctly for his setup
is in theory the basic setting and if that is what the developer wants
to do, it is all that should be needed. No --with-this-sdk or
--with-that-ndk style options should be needed if CC and CXX by
themselves cover all that.

But yeah, I agree that you then must know what you are doing and what
more or less obscure options to include in CC/CXX. It is easier to
only specify what SDK/NDK version (and/or the path to it) to build
against.

--tml