[Libreoffice] New Config Variable in Impress

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 01:28:32 PDT 2011

On 09/28/2011 11:00 PM, Rob Snelders wrote:
> I'm looking into bug fdo#35973. But I have trouble finding out how I can
> add config-variables for Impress. Can anybody give me any pointers?

The configuration data is in module officecfg.  There you have schema
(.xcs) files describing the static layout of the data tree (think of it
as a hierarchy of structs and lists, with data types like bool and
string and integer at the leaves) and data (.xcu) files describing the
actual values (if they need to be preset).  For a new impress flag, say,
you would need to add to
officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Impress.xcs.  The
corresponding XML schema is described at
officecfg/registry/component-schema.dtd.  (When you modify anything in
module officecfg, you also need to rebuild module postprocess, as there
various small .xcs/.xcu files are packed together into larger .xcd
files.  Impress.xcs ends up in a main.xcd, see
postprocess/packregistry/makefile.mk.)

Accessing the configuration data at runtime is done via the configmgr
UNO services (although there are---rather unnecessary---layers of
abstraction above those UNO services themselves in the code base, which
the application code typically uses instead.)

Let me know if you have any further questions (I'm sberg at
#libreoffice-dev, if you prefer IRC).

-Stephan