[Libreoffice] Language selection

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 04:53:28 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 10:56 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 17:09 -0500, Arno Teigseth wrote:
> > I have installed just a few languages, but still "all the wrong"
> > languages show up.
>
> As far as I recall, those langauges are from the language guessing
> feature, and hopefully are in order of most likely language first and so
> on.
>
> > Could it be an idea to show the
> > -last used languages first
> > or
> > -installed languages first
> >
> > in that box?
>
> Sure, shouldn't be too difficult to play around with it. You can find
> the code around sw/source/ui/lingu/olmenu.cxx and search for
> LanguageGuessing

The bit of magic that does the actual guessing of the language is spun
off as libexttextcat now, i.e. see
http://blogs.linux.ie/caolan/2011/09/28/libexttextcat-text-guessing-feature/ for details.

Various language fingerprints are fixed now as well, and some languages
which were disabled because they were broken, should hopefully be fixed,
and are reenabled as well. Which *might* have a bearing on your original
problem.

Being available standalone should allow it to be tested in isolation to
see how well it guesses what language some text is, and make it easier
to improve its guessing and to add new language detection to it.

C.