[Libreoffice] [RFC] npapi-sdk instead of xulrunner

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 29 09:05:45 PDT 2011

On 09/29/2011 06:01 PM, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> Hi,
> I was noticed that there is package called npapi-sdk [1] that can be
> used as firefox/mozilla headers instead of requiring whole beast to
> build the plugins.
>
> Do you think it would be possible to use this in libreoffice, or is it
> impossible?
>
> I don't understand the nsplugin part much, and it was just reported by
> users at gentoo [2].

There are only 4 C header files that are needed to build a NPAPI plugin.
They may as well be shipped inside LibO and not bother with external
deps for this - it would mean adding another build/configure test for
npapi-sdk along with the ones looked for now.
The NPAPI API is stable so an internal copy should be fine.

But I think mozilla build-dep was needed anyway for LDAP, I don't know
if that dependency is obsolete or not.

Jani