proposed easyhack: converting c++ unit tests from JUnit to CppUnit

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 04:43:16 PDT 2012

On 02/04/12 13:29, Noel Grandin wrote:

> On 2012-04-02 13:16, Michael Stahl wrote:

>> the tests that are implemented in the "qadevOOo" module (aka "unoapi"
>> tests, run via various $MODULE/qa/unoapi/$MODULE.sce files) are pretty
>> awful in general and replacing them with something better and
>> reliable, however implemented, is a good idea.
>
> So moving them to CppUnit would at least be a step in the right direction?

sure, as long as you're not just blindly translating the stupid qadevOOo
test to C++; the biggest potential for improvement is to make the tests
more thorough and more specific to the service that is being tested
(e.g. the qadevOOo XPropertySet test is almost completely useless
because it is completely generic).

a good place to start would be the one sub-test of sc_unoapi that runs
for 10 minutes or so, perhaps the only example of a qadevOOo test that
has the _inverse_ problem and is overly thorough :)

also, a lot of tests are commented out since ages (there are actually 2
mechanisms for disabling them: disable the entire service in the .sce
file, or disable a single interface via a knownissues.xcl file); if you
start with these then we can actually expand test coverage (though there
is some risk that you run into some core bug that needs fixing).