extraordinary stoc/ thrash ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 05:27:29 PDT 2012

On 04/03/2012 01:57 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 10:41 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> That way, you have a chance of surviving the process.  But you also
>> pile up guilt.
>
> 	Lol :-) well, we managed to keep it going, despite the guilt pile
> somehow :-) I guess in this case we'll hack something evil, but writing
> a duplicate, much simpler xml parser at a higher level to read only the
> new XML .rdb files and whacking them straight into a hash or two might
> be a nice easy-hack to have around :-)

I think the problem is not the XML parsing, but the nested XRegistry list.

I have a vague idea of placing yet another cppuhelper bootstrap
mechanism next to the existing ones, which will internally use
completely different (read: cheap) mechanisms to set up a component
context and associated service manager.  That way, I would avoid most of
the hassle of having to whack improvements into a rotten framework.

I'll toy around with that in the next days/weeks.  Hang on...

> 	Yes - roll on LibreOffice4 :-) I'm hoping that LO 3.7 should be 4.0
> but ... ;-) need to discuss that at more length.

Yep.

Stephan