Macro for #ifdef of deprecated stuff (Re: The C-style definitions of SAL_CONST_CAST and SAL_STATIC_CAST)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Apr 4 14:05:42 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 18:13 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  There is SAL_DEPRECATED, but that is for marking C++ code, it doesn't work
> during preprocessing.

	Honestly, I don't believe we need to deprecated these macros. We
already introduced the implicit rtl::OUString constructors which (no
doubt) can break source-code corner cases, and (as I say) - if people
want to produce 'generic' extensions that run across multiple offices,
they need to build with an old sal/ etc.

	So - IMNSHO getting too upset about source-compatibility for corner
cases in the ure is not nearly so important as ABI compatibility which
is much more so.

	ATB,

		Michael.