[REVIEW:3-5]LibreOffice Version Mismatch/Conflict

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Apr 5 02:34:16 PDT 2012

Andras Timar píše v Po 02. 04. 2012 v 16:58 +0200:
> In order to fully utilize Windows installer capabilities, files should
> be versioned properly. We have not reached this goal yet with 3.5, but
> we are closer. In 3.4 and earlier versions file versioning was messy.
> This was resolved by
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3fbedc3e8f65c91999dcee42daa8312e387dcf40
> Currently VERSIONMICRO is used only in the VersionInfo resource of
> executables under Windows.

Sounds promissing.

> > How the windows installer distinguish the build version these days? Does
> > it use the VERSIONMAJOR+VERSIONMINOR+VERSIONMICRO? Could we restart
> > buildid for each bugfix release and get the following?
> >
> >        buildid 1 for rc1
> >        buildid 2 for rc2
> >
> > The we could have in the about dialog what we use now:
> >
> >      3.5.1.1 for 3.5.1-rc1
> >      3.5.1.2 for 3.5.1-rc2
> >      3.5.2.1 for 3.5.2-rc1
>
> I fully agree with this versioning scheme. 3.5.3.1 will be higher than
> 3.5.2.202, so upgrade will happen. Note, that we cannot do this for a
> hypothetical 3.5.2 rc3, because 3.5.2.3 would be lower than 3.5.2.202.

This should be done by the attached patch. Andrash, could you please
give it a try? Is it OK for you to push it?

I am slightly scared by resetting the buildid to 0. Well, I think that
it was used only for the windows installer and also as release number
for linux packages. They both should have the version 3.5.3 that is
higher than 3.5.2 and it should work fine.

Best Regards,
Petr