RTL_CONSTASCII_(U)STRINGPARAM officially obsolete

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Apr 6 04:40:20 PDT 2012

On Friday 06 of April 2012, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> Thank you for cleaning up the RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM!  I just
> noticed though that your recent commit
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=fe51974e6515f48a6e6
>881e5837027d08c8d66e9
>
> changes
>
> - xProps->setPropertyValue( ::rtl::OUString( RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM(
> "DisableDataTableDialog" ) ), + xProps->setPropertyValue( ::rtl::OUString(
> "DisableDataTableDialog" ),
>
> That should be:
>
> - xProps->setPropertyValue( ::rtl::OUString( RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM(
> "DisableDataTableDialog" ) ), + xProps->setPropertyValue(
> "DisableDataTableDialog",
>
> Can you please revisit the changes you have made, and remove the (now
> unnecessary) explicit OUString construction too?

 I was about to point this out too. I noticed that there are
literal->OUString->OUStringBuffer conversion, for which I originally didn't
want to do a short path, but seeing it's used I will push it shortly. If
there are any other cases where the automatic conversion does not work and
should, please tell me. I'm aware only of these cases where the explicit
OUString ctor is needed:

- return statements (because of the gcc bug)
- tool String class (because that one itself is obsolete and uses should be
converted to OUString)
- when OUString object is really needed, e.g. with templates or serialization

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz