Configure.in tweaking for windows

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Apr 10 04:34:44 PDT 2012

Hi Mat,

On 2012-04-09 at 02:17 +0200, Mat M wrote:

> In configure.in, I saw that around line 2750 :
> # Check for 64-bit (cross-)compiler to use to build the 64-bit
> # version of the Explorer extension (and maybe other small
> [SNIP]
>
> AC_MSG_CHECKING([for a x64 compiler and libraries for 64bit ActiveX
> component])
>          if test "$CL_X64" = "" -a -f
> "$with_cl_home/atlmfc/lib/amd64/atls.lib"; then
>
> This test occurs after checking if we enabled ATL and/or activex.
> If I understand well, LO does not need Activex to build 64-bit shell
> extension, so why searching for atls.lib there (it seems to come from
> Kendy on ee03eb213fa31efb6d5fea16edbeb64dd8b38a9f ) ?

I've only refactored the code, it is originally Tor's I think; but
either way, I guess the reason is the comment following the check:

 # Prefer native x64 compiler to cross-compiler, in case we are running
 # the build on a 64-bit OS.

Ie. the check is unrelated to the ATL itself, but to the fact if we are
building native x64 Windows build (only base work done there IIRC, ie.
don't expect it to build), or x86 build, where we need to cross-compile
the x64 component.

Does it answer your question?  Or did I actually misunderstood yours?

Regards,
Kendy