what can we learn from this "add"?

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Tue Apr 10 10:46:31 PDT 2012

Well, of course it is about LibreOffice, at least on Windows.

I despise these campaigns.  The one about GoogleDocs is also icky.  It's too much like dealing with an used-car salesman.

There are ways for Microsoft to promote the Office feature set without calling out alternatives, and there are more playful ways of drawing comparisons (thinking of the Mac v. PC business back-and-forth and the Windows Phone bake-off against your smartphone $100 bets).

This just makes Microsoft folks look scared and heartless.

 - Dennis