Libreoffice Java x64 connection through UNO

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Apr 11 03:10:57 PDT 2012

> Note that both OOo and LO instantiate the JVM in-process,

Yes, but it's unclear to me whether that is what the OP wants.

I.e. does he want to develop a (64-bit) Java "extension" that would be
run in a JVM instantiated in the (32-bit, on Windows) LO process, or
use UNO to invoke interfaces in LO from a (64-bit) Java process?

I thought that in the latter case the normal thing was that the Java
code and LO are in separate processes? So in theory that the Java
process is 64-bit and the LO one 32-bit should not matter? I might of
course be quite confused, though.

That said, the work required to make LO work as 64-bit code for
Windows is not necessarily that huge. It's just a question of somebody
having the time and inspiration to work on it. It's definitely not
trivial either, though.

--tml