'make check' with Windows/MSVC build?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 09:19:00 PDT 2012

On 04/11/2012 05:43 PM, Noel Grandin wrote:
> On 2012-04-11 17:31, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> ooinstall needs to be fixed to work on Windows (my understanding is
>> that it does not). Second, as long as long pathnames on Windows are
>> still an issue (and my understanding is that they are, at least for
>> our interaction with the berkeleydb library), it would be advantageous
>> to mimic the original logic, like running ooinstall not
>
> Perhaps we can fix just this part, by using an "#if WIN32" and
> converting the paths to the short version before calling BerkelyDB?

My understanding is that we use "classic" paths (not starting with
"\\?") whenever they are short enough, anyway.  So the problem cannot be
solved with an #if, but (short of abandoning berkeleydb) needs to be
worked around by making sure the LO installation is in a location with a
short path (so that the paths of any files within the installation that
are handed to berkeleydb are also short).

Stephan