Build Failure on Cygwin Windows

Johnny Chen johnny.uw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 22:31:22 PDT 2012

Hi,
I am new to LibreOffice, so sorry for any dumb questions. Anyways, I tried
to follow the Wiki as closely as I could: I did a git clone from:

git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core libo

and ran autogen.sh without any problems:

./autogen.sh --with-max-jobs=5 --with-num-cpus=2 --disable-binfilter
--disable-build-mozilla --disable-odk --without-junit
--with-mozilla-build="/cygdrive/c/mozilla-build"
--with-ant-home=/apache-ant-1.8.3

And then my command to build the project was:

/opt/lo/bin/make 2>&1 | tee build.log

The build went on for an hour or so until it failed.The problems seem to be
within the xml2cmp and clucene modules. Looking at the build_errors.log
file, I see some strange paths in the linker command:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'c:/cygwinc:/cygwin/home/Johnny/libo/workdir/
wntmsci12.pro/CxxObject/xml2cmp/source/xcd/main.o'

Does anyone have any idea what may have caused this? I suspect this to be
my own environmental issue but after some google-ing nobody else seems to
have experienced this problem. Again, since I'm new to LO I'm not familiar
with the structure of the build and I don't know which Makefile is calling
the link command. Another newbie question is this: why did we not terminate
the build earlier if xml2cmp failed? I see that xml2cmp was the 12th out of
the 126 module being built but my build did not die until the 55th.

I have attached the partial logfiles for your viewing convenience. I would
be glad to provide any additional information if needed. Any
help/hint/pointer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Johnny