make check problem in libtest_smoketest building master

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Apr 12 02:05:15 PDT 2012

Stephan Bergmann píše v St 11. 04. 2012 v 16:29 +0200:
> On 04/11/2012 02:24 PM, Noel Grandin wrote:
> > Building on Ubuntu 64-bit, "make check" is failing because of a missing
> > symbol in libtest_smoketest.so.
> > Doing a "make smoketest.clean" doesn't seem to help.
> > The library does genuinely seem to be missing the symbol (readelf log
> > attached).
>
> In the case of smoketest, the lib containing cppunitTestPlugIn is not
> libtest_smoketest.so but libsmoketest.so (where the former links
> against the latter).  The reason for that appears to be
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8c478c911033243df90ba290b32732a1fd70130e>
> "create installation set for tests."  (Petr, does that feature still
> work, after gbuild'ification of smoketest?)

I haven't tested it after gbuild'fication. I do not work much with
master this time :-(

> Looks like the dynamic loader on your system does not support dlsym to
> report a symbol not exported by the lib itself, but only indirectly by a
> lib the first lib links against.

I wonder if it might be related to --as-needed linker option. It caused
similar troubles when enabled on openSUSE linker by default.

Of course, it is more likely broken by gbuild'ification. I wonder if
Matúš could have a look at it.

Best Regards,
Petr