new tinderbox at my company

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:05:20 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Noel Grandin <noel at peralex.com> wrote:

> On 2012-04-12 16:09, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>>
>> Please see : http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Tinderbox and
>> update it as needed. and don't forget README.tinbuild2 in the buildbot repo
>

> Awesome, followed instructions, just waiting for primer to complete.

BTW: I recently did some work to setup a Windows bot.. (see id=16) and
found out that:

1/  --disable-dependency-tracking is a big gain. (tinbuild2 always do
make clean + make anyway so no need for dep-tracking)
2/ using ccache bring marginal gain on my box.. but that is not as
clear cut as it is for other platform. (see ccache-msvc in
thedev-tools repo)
3/ I run on a 6-core i7-3960X overclocked 4GHz + 16GB of RAM, and
'over-committing' seems to get me the best elapsed time: iow: I use
--with-max-jobs=12 --with-num-cpus=8

Norbert