check : build dependency (was: Re: what exactly needs localedata_en library ?)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Apr 13 09:34:34 PDT 2012

On Friday 13 of April 2012, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 04:35:27PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, make check is for after a successful build to check the result,
> > > no?
> >
> >  That's correct. So the next build will be almost a no-op, right? And
> > there's
>
> Not right now :)
> Especially bad on slow archs.

 There's always the -o option to make. And, assuming this would avoid all the
build breakages because of race conditions, I'd assume the time spent on this
still worth the time not spent hunting random breakages.

=====
> What especially is  bad is when make install (thankfully gone) or make
> check rebuild unneeded stuff which gets rebuilt on every pass.

 What especially is bad is when unneeded stuff gets rebuilt on every pass.
=====

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz