unbuilded code in sd/source/ui/notes

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 22:31:25 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:21:04PM +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-04-14 at 11:31 -0300, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> > Is this a feature we curently miss by mistake, or is a dead code never
> > finished/released?
>
> We apparently built it in the past, but no longer. Its inconceivable to
> me that there could be a clean route where we've ended up building ok
> but accidentally dropping code like that, though I haven't identified
> the relevant commits to prove it. So, I suggest simply git rm-ing the
> currently unbuilt stuff.

That code was effectively dropped by commit
e69060a498eebda4ba10c13172f75b3561d90138 , which drops notes.lib from
LIB?FILES for libsdui . After that, the code was still built (because it
was mentioned in build.lst), but not used. It is hard to tell whether it
was done deliberately or by mistake. I suspect the former, because it is
hard to imagine noone would notice :-)

D.