Asynchronous use of SwHTMLParser - is this needed

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 14:06:43 PDT 2012

Hi there,

I'm working on removing SvRefBase from SvParser to make its life cycle
a little more easier to understand.  I've checked the call sites of
all of its derived classes, and in most of those call sites, we could
easily replace it with scoped_ptr.  The only exception is the
SwHTMLParser, where its use involves asynchronous call to parse HTML
input.  This makes a bit non-trivial to manage its life cycle.

My question is, do we need to keep this asynchronicity of
SwHTMLParser, or is it okay to change it into a synchronous call like
the rest of SvParser uses?

Thanks,

Kohei