Asynchronous use of SwHTMLParser - is this needed

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 06:58:27 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 12:39 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:

> >> I'm working on removing SvRefBase from SvParser to make its life cycle
> >> a little more easier to understand.  I've checked the call sites of
> >> all of its derived classes, and in most of those call sites, we could
> >> easily replace it with scoped_ptr.  The only exception is the
> >> SwHTMLParser, where its use involves asynchronous call to parse HTML
> >> input.  This makes a bit non-trivial to manage its life cycle.
>
> would wrapping a shared_ptr around it work?

Well, it might work, but not without untangling the ref-count
manipulation that SvParser does during the anync call.

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svtools/source/svrtf/svparser.cxx#596

I haven't wrapped my head around the logic behind these ref-count
changes here, so I'm not 100% sure...

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc