[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sat Apr 21 12:18:48 PDT 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 09:09:34AM -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 04:11:18PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> >>
> >> * tinderboxen / status (Norbert)
> >>       + bytemark machine #2
> >>               + working on *BSD in virtualbox with little
> >>                 joy help appreciated (Norbert)
> >>               + need 3x BSD virtual-boxes (ideally)
> >
> > I'd like to know a bit more about this item; Norbert, would you prefer real
> > boxes if possible ?
>
> We do not have the resources for that.. but if you volunteer such a
> box... sure, by all means...

There was some talk recently in the DragonFly BSD project about providing
test boxes for external developers; I'm collecting information in that
context.

> what is needed ?
> - a box that do build, preferably in reasonable time... but since
> right now there are no *BSD tinderbox, anytime is more reasonable than
> +inf :-)

We were thinking of Xeon E3 machines, perhaps in a mini-cluster form like
this one:
http://www.supermicro.nl/products/nfo/MicroCloud.cfm

> - download the contrib/buildbot repo  :
[...]
> and when the time comes, register your box there... be mindful of the
> naming convention...

If boxes are finally set up, they will be DragonFly + pkgsrc packages only,
special software will have to be maintained by the developers themselves.
I won't be able to help on that front, my hands are already full integrating
LO into pkgsrc :-/

--
Francois Tigeot