make check problem in libtest_smoketest building master

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 00:49:09 PDT 2012

On 04/22/2012 10:51 PM, David Ostrovsky wrote:
> your patch was still not pushed.
>
> So we have two options here:
> 1. push your patch (I attached it with description ;-)
> 2. use make interactive variable LDFLAGS, a lá make
> LDFLAGS='-Wl,--no-as-needed' check
>
> Any ideas on this?

I still do not see why we need the two different libraries at all,
smoketest (from smoketest/Library_smoketest.mk) and smoketest_test (from
smoketest/CppunitTest_smoketest.mk), both containing the exact same
CppUnit test code.

If we want the feature of
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8c478c911033243df90ba290b32732a1fd70130e>

"create installation set for tests" and produce the CppUnit test code
library not only for direct consumption in the CppunitTest_*.mk
makefile, but also for inclusion in installation sets, then we should
probably make solenv/gbuild/CppunitTest.mk more flexible, so that
CppUnit test libraries need not necessarily built directly in their
CppunitTest_*.mk.

Stephan