[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 02:08:41 PDT 2012

On 04/23/2012 10:55 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	So - one advantage of a VM here, is that -if- we have a 'standard'
> virtual-machine for this, and do the tinderbox-ness in some snapshot or
> somesuch; then in the event of problems, QA or Developers could re-use
> the same VM for doing their own testing, so in some ways that might be
> more generally useful.

Another general advantage of doing tinderbox builds in a VM would be
that each build can start from a known-good VM snapshot and a runaway
build can be stopped cleanly.  So problems like steadily filling up tmp
or leftover processes after a hung test would become non-issues.  (Not
that they do plague us, though; just for the record.)

Stephan