How to convert doc files to ps format using the utility of LibreOffice without installing it

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 03:46:21 PDT 2012

On 23/04/12 12:30, Ankit Jain wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I basically want to convert the doc files into ps(print script) format
> using the document conversion utility of LibreOffice but without
> installing LibreOffice on my machine. I want to write my own code for
> this.I know its quite tough but still if someone can provide any
> reference on how to move forward on this it would be very helpful to me.

guess this is possible, you could install LibreOffice on _another_
computer and connect remotely via an UNO TCP connection, then use
something like loadComponentFromURL to load documents and XPrintable to
print them to a file, perhaps on some NFS share or HTTP server...  that
way you only need the URE installed on the client machine, which is much
smaller.

see e.g.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OfficeDev/Storing_Documents#Printing_Documents
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Text/Printing_Text_Documents