Proposal: move pre-onegit repos into libreoffice-obsolete as 3.4 is EOL

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Apr 24 08:00:28 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 03:19:51PM +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> > just a short note (maybe to be discussed in the ESC call):
> >
> >  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/
> >
> > is overloaded with obsolete repositories, making it hard for a curious newcomer
> > to find his way around and be dragged in.
> >
> is that really so much of a problem?

It is not urgent, but it needs to be done at some point IMHO. If we dont clean
up as we go, we will collect debt which we wont be able to get rid off. Each
outdated website and wikipage hurt us a bit and that can quickly accumulate.

> Who's browsing cgit on fd.o for
> fun?

The same lunatics that that start contributing as volunteers. ;)

Best,

Bjoern