distro-configs files, autogen.sh options, defaults etc

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Apr 24 08:06:57 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 03:45:38PM +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > I wonder, by the way, if we really need to have all the
> > configurability we currently have...
> >
> As generic as the question is: probably not.

As someone who does releases on a fixed schedule, I find quite a few of the
options comforting. If there is a last minute showstopper these options can be
very helpful (e.g. switching --without-system-foo to avoid a specific problem).
That doesnt mean I defend all of the switches, but in general, most give me a
fuzzy warm feeling.

Best,

Bjoern