vcl module fails to compile (3.5 branch)

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 06:01:00 PDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 01:15 -0700, julien2412 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In vcl module, branch 3.5 updated today, I've got this :
> /home/julien/compile-libreoffice/libo_3_5/vcl/unx/gtk/app/gtkdata.cxx: In
> function ‘void sal_gtk_timeout_defer(SalGtkTimeoutSource*)’:

I imagine the real change is that your glib2 has been upgraded to the
latest and greatest (2.32?) which does the deprecation.

> The number of arguments between the deprecated  and the new function is
> different so how to solve this (without disabling WaE) ?

FWIW I *think* we're still building the "universal" LibO on a
RHEL-4-alike baseline so we'd need some route to use the api that exists
on glib2-2.4.7 (!, ?) so we can't unconditionally use g_source_get_time

Either need some ifdefs or seeing as docs now claim that
g_source_get_current_time ignores source and is the same as
g_get_current_time and a quick peek at the code confirms this just use
that instead, i.e.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=bb36072c92687a954a38aeca7fb9945f8e7cca13

I'd personally skip it for cherry-picking to 3-5

C.